Sunday, October 5, 2008

Seasonal Music

I was talking to Jessie on our way back from Richmond last weekend when Brand New showed up on the ipod and we both started talking about how it was getting to be about "Brand New Time".
I'm not sure about other people (Wesley) but I'm a very seasonal music person. There are just some things that I won't listen too once the weather starts to change. For example I can listen to B rand News Your Favorite Weapon all summer. Perfectly enough, "Soco Amaretto Lime" is the last song on that album, and is the perfect transition into the darker, moodier Deja Entendu. Because Deja Entendu and The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me are not filled with major chord pop-punk songs, they really don't suite me in the summer; but in the winter....perfect.

That said, here's a list of some CD's that I'll be putting into hibernation pretty soon:

1. Four Year Strong - Rise or Die Trying
2. Set Your Goals - Mutiny!
3. New Found Glory - All (except maybe Coming Home)
4. Dashboard Confessional - The Shade of Poison Trees / A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar
5. Reel Big Fish - All
6. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - All
7. Jack Johnson - All but Sleep Through the Static
8. Bob Marley - All

You get the idea...
Here's a list of some things coming out of hibernation for the winter

1. Owen - At Home With Owen
2. Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist, White Pony
3. Boxcar Racer - S/T
4. Boys Night Out - Trainwreck
5. Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
6. The National - Boxer
7. Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die?
8. Thrice - Vheissu
9. Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw

Any arguments?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I do argue that music CAN set the mood rather than simply adding to the mood. Bit I do understand seasonal music. Btw this comment is from my new iPod touch. Deck