Friday, October 31, 2008

On Bullshit

I was just innocently watching TV, flipping through the channels when I passed my "Steelroots Top Ten Countdown" and decided to see what was playing (first mistake). I suffered through most of the bands and flipped back and forth between other things while the shittier side of Tooth and Nail's roster appeared on the countdown, all to see what could have gotten voted as the number 1 song. Never could I have imagined how appaled I would be.
These motherfuckers called "The Wrecking" made the number one spot with their "cover" of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". In the rage that I'm in, it's difficult for me to compose into sentences my anger and disgust with this alleged "cover", so permit me a string of adjectives describing my feelings: Fuck, bullshit, assholes, blaspheme, dickwads, scene, fuck, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, worthless, van flip, cock sneezes, apocalypse, hatred.
I won't dignify the "band" with a myspace link or a video link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

steelroots tv is horrible.

circa 2004, showbreed and underoath were all over the place... now... oh, god.

Watson said...

Yeah, the only reason I parked on the station was to see if there were any bands like Underoath or As I Lay Dying or August Burns Red, on there (The Almost were on the countdown). It was pretty gruesome sitting through all the recycled fashion/metal core.