Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Pledge To You (The Reader)

The majority of the last posts that I have published have been while I was sitting on the sectional sofa with 14 premium movie channels right at my disposal. Having been through four years of college and discovering (all too late) that the library (or) a place with as view distractions is the best place to get anything done, I now realize (even as I watch "Real Time") that writing posts while I'm doing other things isn't really a good idea.
I know that it's a music blog that not that many people read, but the reason I started this was so that I could talk about something that I loved, and share my passion with music with my friends in a way that would not only keep me writing, but also keep all my friends who also love music up to date on what I'm doing at what I'm listning to.
All of that said, I'm slowly but surely trying to make this blog something that is legitimate. I've added a couple of blogs to the "Blog Roll" (fancy speak for 'other blogs that I like') including Jamais Cascio's "Open the Future" blog (real interesting shit), Andrew Sullivan's political blog, and my good, good friend Wesley Julians blog of his adventures in Japan (brother gotta help another brother out). I've added all of these things to make your websurfing experience not come to a collosal dead end after you have your way with my humble peice of internet. It is with this newfound respect for my blog that I ask a number of things:

1. Tell your friends who are interested in music about this blog.
2. Check back here often, I try to update it to keep it interesting.
3. POST RESPONSES YOU ASSHOLES! Unlike a lot of blogs, you don't have to enter an email address or anything to post a response. Just something simple like "Yeah, I like Peter Gabriel...fuck Phil Collins." Let me know what you want to see from this blog, this is after all a blog for you people.

Most of all, thanks to the people who keep coming to the blog everyday. It's you people who make me want to get out here and dig into myself and music to try and add something relevant to the wide world of the internet. From here on out, I pledge to take my posts seriously. No more "posting" while watching T.V. or any other distraction; I can't ask you guys to take this blog seriously if I don't take it seriously myself.

Thanks, and much love,

Watson

No comments: