Monday, February 23, 2009

Fuck Your Friends...Listen To New Found Glory

I remember getting off work when I was 16 and working at a car wash during the summer. I would jump into my Buick LeSabre (don't laugh, that car kicked ass), roll all the windows down and blast "My Friends Over You" all the way home. There's no one to say it without sounding cheesy, so insert cliche line about youthful freedom here:
In all honesty, it's not how I feel about New Found Glory that matters, it's how you should feel about New Found Glory that matters. I remember trying to avoid the pop-punk stigma in high school, being ashamed that I didn't like The Vandals and Dead Kennedy's as much as I "should" have; but we're grown now right? That's what I thought. And it's with this newly realized mature mindset that I say...It's okay to like pop punk.
The second most important thing I'll write in this post (never mind the first) is that New Found Glory can only be categorized as pop punk as much as any other genre creating, shaping, bending and re-igniting band can be still stuck with the label that they were originally branded with. I'm holding full on to the belief that Not Without A Fight will make you re-imagine what you though you knew about the "new" New Found Glory. Prepare to eat crow.
Check out the first single "Listen To Your Friends" right myah.
There's nothing that I can say about this song that it can't say for itself. Let New Found Glory into your life...or don't come back to my blog...seriously...it's like that.

No comments: