Sunday, February 15, 2009

Earworm Vol. 1

I did a post on an unfortunate earworm a while back, but feel it's only fair to post on other songs that get stuck in my head too (the good ones perhaps more than the bad ones). Anyone who was around me at work today probably heard me belting the chorus of "Yankee in a chip shop" by The Matches today.



I bought Decomposer over the summer and fell in love with it, and subsequently the quirky energy of The Matches. I enjoy how genuinely unique The Matches seem. There are plenty of bands who seem to act, play or sound weird of different, just for the hell of it. Not so offbeat as to be off putting, and pulled together by a cohesive sound and feel The Matches are like a really cool and legitimate carnival act, with enough talent to make you wonder what the hell they're doing working for the carnival (or in the case of the band, why they haven't sold more albums), but still a little concerned about what would happen to you if you passed out with your shoes on at their party...

No comments: