Thursday, December 29, 2011

News Websites Confirm What I've Known for Months; New He Is Legend in 2012

I travel for work. About nine months out of the year I traverse the great states of North and South Carolina. While this can be a frustrating and tiring venture, overall it's not a bad part of the gig. Every now and then though; an opportunity arises as a result of travel that really makes up for the bullshit that is the bi-product of multi-week travel.  One such occasion was a couple of months ago in Wilmington, NC...
I found myself (very much on purpose) at the Satellite Bar and Lounge where my bartender was none other than Mr. Schuylar Croom: lead singer of He Is Legend.  After spending a couple hours at the bar and working my way through a number of Ska Brewings Modus Hoperandi (at the recomendation of Mr. Croom himself) I finally had the courage to tell him what a huge He Is Legend fan I was.  I was reticent to mention the band at all. I wasn't sure if it was something Schuylar was trying to leave in his past. Fortunately, his response was appreciative and gracious. After my great revealing Schuylar revealed two interesting pieces of information...firstly, the band would be playing a show at Satellite bar on Halloween night, and secondly...that they were writing again.
Imagine my booze fueled excitement! I was privy to first hand information that one of my favorite bands was getting back together and writing music. As much as I wanted to scribe my excitement over all the digital canvas available; I felt it would be a tremendous abuse to the fragile and tenuous relationship between bartender and bartended....

Anyway...

According to every heavy music site ever, you now know that He Is Legend is recording and will be releasing an album in 2012. And all followed with a great "Huzzah"!

Catch two He Is Legend shows this January here and here. Come get sweaty with me on the 27th!

No comments: