Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Deftones Bassist In Car Crash

I'm a little late on this but Chi Cheng, bass player of Deftones was involved in a car accident that has left him in a coma.  Chino has left a message on Deftones' myspace page concerning the incident:

Hello everyone, 

It deeply saddens me to inform you all that our brother Chi Cheng was involved in a terrible car accident last night. He is currently in a Northern California Hospital in serious, but stable condition. I am on my way up North right now to be by his side along with the rest of our band mates and family. Chi is one of the strongest people I know, and I'm praying that his strength will get him through this. Please say a prayer for him as well. 

-chino.


Deftones aren't known for their speedy their speed when recording new albums.  They have 5 in studio videos of the recording process which means that hopefully the new album is close to completion; however it is difficult to imagine what this will mean for the future of the new album and Deftones in general is Chi should be unable to re-join the band.  All we can do is hope for the best.

No comments: