Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reviewed: Hot and Rumors of Hot

I've made many empty promises about reviewing albums. But I never made a promise about reviewing the hot sauce that came with my pre-order of The Chariot's new album Wars and Rumors of Wars...so here's the review.
My first tasting of the sauce came yesterday during lunch at Virginia BBQ, where a put a number of healthy dollops on my sandwhich. Not being a huge fan of hotsauce I wasn't quite sure if I was getting in over my head, but I'm pleased to report that while it is in fact hot, it's not what I would call stupid hot.
Hot sauce, like a couple of other things can get to a point where it exceeds it's own functional and practical purpose, and ventures into the realm of the unnecesarily extreme. Hot sauce that requires a waiver to either purchase or eat is parodic and idiotic. Big ups to The Chariot for making a hot sauce that made me sweat, but didn't stick around so long that I didn't care to eat anything for the rest of the day. Quite the opposite in fact, I had more for dinner.
Verdict: While it started rumors of wars in my intestines a couple of hours later, and though it isn't the most flavorful of sauces, Hot and Rumors of Hot is all and all a pretty spectacular sauce that was completely worth the purchase. Though I half expected the novelty of the purchase to outweigh its functionality, it was definately a worthwhile purchase.



No comments: