Monday, January 26, 2009

A Day To Remember?

So remember a couple of posts ago where I talked about how awesome the new A Day To Remember is?  Yeah, well... it's not really that awesome.
I tried to ignore it and really like it, but Blake from AP.net's review really made me see the light (read it here).  
Though he trashes the album more than I would, his point about the listener riding the sweetness wave that the first song creates is totally true (the first song is totally kickass).  If you enjoy pop/moshcore then you will enjoy this album.  If you enjoy ADTR's For Those Who Have Heart then you will enjoy this album, but if you enjoy bands that progress from album to album; then this is not the album for you. 
I recommend tracks 1, 4, 7, and 11 (track 11 sounds like 1/3 Blink 182, 1/3 New Found Glory and 1/3 A Day To Remember).  
I'm not advocating that you download this album; after seeing ADTR live I'll always support this band.  If you haven't purchased any of their albums or heard any of their music yet, buying this album will probably be a good decision for you (I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it just for tracks 1 and 7.)

No comments: